Senior Account Executive
Looking to make a real impact? WorkStep is a career development platform for the industrial workforce. Our mission is to enable better career outcomes by providing success-optimized job matching, access to skill development opportunities & one-to-one coaching. We’re walking the social impact walk, bettering the lives of our users, and having a blast while we do it!
WorkStep is a well-funded, early stage startup and tight-knit team. We are a remote-first company, but have small offices in Portland and San Francisco. We are looking to expand our sales team and bring on a Senior Account Executive to introduce enterprise employers to the WorkStep network & technology platform to make long-term hires. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, loves winning, and wants to close the biggest companies in the US.
We believe in equipping our sales team with the best possible sales stack and tools -- we utilize Salesforce, ChiliPiper, Outreach, Chorus, ZoomInfo, and more. You’ll have the opportunity to shape both your own day-to-day and the long-term direction of the organization. Currently we have more leads than we can engage and territory that is untapped.
This role is remote & would ideally be based in the Central or Easter timezone.
- Full-cycle sales: Engage prospects, run demos, close business and expand accounts
- Conduct new customer sales meetings & product demos
- Share learnings around customer needs and challenges with the broader team to drive product and business decisions
- Ensure customers are setup for long-term success, by successfully transitioning them to the Employer Success team
KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) owned:
- Net New Revenue add
A typical week:
- 100+ conversations
- 15+ meetings set
- 10+ meetings held
- 4+ wins
- 3+ years of demonstrated sales experience
- Passion for the WorkStep mission
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of stakeholder concerns in HR: Recruitment and Retention
- Understanding of our primary industries: warehousing, trucking, manufacturing and production.
- Base compensation (50%), commision w/accelerators (50%), and equity
- Endless leads, automated processes/research, and untapped territory
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive company-sponsored health, vision and dental benefits package
- Opportunity to join a passionate, motivated, and fun team at an early stage to help shape and execute on our mission
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a strong bias for action. You’re not afraid to pick up the phone and make a cold call, you realize that imperfect action beats perfect inaction. Cold outreach is currently the primary way Employers learn about our solution.
- Wants to experiment and learn every day. We’re constantly improving our product and solution, and along with that our approach to positioning our offering to Employers. You’re always excited to test new approaches and share both what worked and didn’t.
- Wants to become a subject-matter-expert in the industrial recruitment space. To better connect with your accounts, you want to better understand their challenges, their work and how their businesses run.
- Can tell great stories. Our offering is new, unlike anything our clients have tried before. New is sometimes exciting and sometimes scary. You listen and meet the other person where they are with examples that address their concerns and help inspire them to see a new way of working.
- Is organized and data driven. You value keeping the CRM up to date and following process to create visibility. You seek to understand through data and are hungry to act on what you see.