Full Stack Engineer
Looking to make a real impact? WorkStep is a career development network for hourly job seekers. Our mission is to enable better career outcomes by providing a transparent job marketplace and access to advancement opportunities.
We’re a funded, early stage startup and tight-knit team with offices in Portland and San Francisco. We are looking to expand our Engineering and Product team with a Full Stack Engineer who can build and deploy a fully-featured, robust, clean-looking web application using modern tooling and patterns relatively independently.
This role works closely with the CTO to maintain existing products and their underlying systems, as well as build out new features and the supporting infrastructure. A good candidate will be expected to make design choices that balance ease-of-implementation with resilience at scale, and own delivery end-to-end.
As an early engineering hire, this developer will be responsible for a large share of our codebase and will serve as an expert on our data structure, access patterns, conventions, styleguide, and more. A good candidate has an eagerness for learning unfamiliar technologies and masters new topics quickly.
- Work with design and product to develop new features on a tight schedule
- Monitor application performance and triage issues
- Propose and implement designs for scalable new systems
- Participate in prioritization of engineering work items among other goals
- 2+ years experience with production-grade software
- Strong command of CSS and style processors
- Experience with React and other web app frameworks like Angular, Backbone, Knockout, etc
- Familiarity with task runners like Gulp, Brunch, or Grunt
- Experience with server-side OOP with Java, Python, Ruby, etc
- Familiarity with a web framework like Flask, Django, Spring, Rails, etc
- Strong understanding of REST and principles for robust API design
- A working understanding of ORMs and underlying query structures
- Python experience preferred
- Experience with native mobile application development a plus
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Top-notch technology
- Competitive company-sponsored health, vision, and dental benefits package
- Opportunity to join a passionate, motivated, and fun team at an early stage to help shape and execute on our mission